Weekly Retail Roundup: 10 Stories You Need to See – February 24, 2023
With hundreds of news and press releases published every day, it can be difficult to keep up with everything. To help readers, we are covering e-commerce and retail industries most trending and relevant topics, including the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
- ‘TikTok Is King’ For Fashion Brands Says New Report 2023 Rival IQ released their 2023 Social Media Industry Benchmark Report detailing everything a marketer needs to measure social media success against their competitors on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok across 14 major industries. The report features insights into how social media engagement has changed over the last year for these industries enabling the optimization of a company’s marketing strategy in 2023.
- Luxury Cravings: Louis Vuitton Releases Burger Box Luxury designer, Louis Vuitton has releases the LV Flower #BurgerBox by Louis Vuitton, handmade in Paris from the house’s soft monogram leather, the box’s floral print takes a feminine approach that plays against the simple, and somewhat childlike interpretation of the structure.
- FINAL DAYS Three stores finally closing their doors for good next week – see who’s on the chopping block The pandemic has exacerbated this longstanding trend as consumers have pivoted to online shopping.
- 11 Expert Tips For Beauty Brands: How To Plan Your Product Launch The beauty market is expected to grow annually by 3.80% from 2023 to 2027. The market’s largest is the Personal Care segment, usually divided into five main business segments: skincare, haircare, make-up, fragrances and toiletries with a market volume of US$253.30k in 2023. This market is full of opportunity but the competitive is high and if new beauty startups want to succeed they will need all the advice they can get for launch.
- Gucci Launches Circular Hub to Power Circular ‘Made In Italy’ Gucci, with support of Kering, has announced the launch of the first hub for circular luxury in Italy. The “Circular Hub” will aim to accelerate the circular transformation of the Italian fashion industry’s production model, through the redefinition of the entire value chain.
- Shoppers Want Real Influencers Over Celebrities, Say New Report New data from Matter Communications reveals customers are making purchases based on influencers who are relatable, original content or provide credible expertise. Only 11% of consumers prefer celebrity influencers – a notable reduction from Matter’s 2020 Influencer Survey
- MikMak Acquires Swaven To Expand International Retailer Network MikMak has announced it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Swaven, a preeminent eCommerce enablement and analytics software, that helps brands be ‘shoppable everywhere‘. The union of the two companies paves the path towards MikMak 3.0, the world’s most advanced eCommerce enablement and analytics platform.
- Beautycounter Expands Into Ulta Beauty With Partnership Beautycounter has announced a new exclusive partnership with Ulta Beauty, the nation’s largest beauty retailer. Beginning February 26, a selection of Beautycounter products will be available on Ulta.com and in 500 Ulta Beauty stores across the U.S. on March.
- Trellis Beauty Rebrands As Clean(er) Beauty, Plots Retail Expansion The rebranding effort began a year ago, but founder and CEO Tracy Trellis Flores says Trellis was destined for a shakeup since it launched online in the fall of 2017 with seven brands before opening a brick-and-mortar outpost with 20 brands such as Meow Meow Tweet, SkinOwl, Spela Cosmetics and Elate Cosmetics the following year in March at Raleigh’s bustling Lafayette Village.
- Mielle Launches Anti-Frizz System For Textured Hair with Cold Application Technology™ As “The Textured Hair Care Authority,” Mielle – the fastest growing Black-founded and women-led beauty brand – is launching its brand-new Avocado & Tamanu Anti-Frizz System for textured hair, the first curated, step-by-step collection from Mielle specially formulated to target frizz triggered by damage, dryness, and humidity.
I have over 10 years of experience in the retail industry including expertise in marketing, operations, merchandising, buying, shopping and technology. I am a former senior managing director of The School of Retailing, University of Alberta. My education includes a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from The University of Alberta in Marketing, Certificate in Real Estate and a Diploma in Fashion Merchandising and Buying from LasSalle College, a Canadian private school founded in 1959 by fashion designer Jean-Paul Morin.