Weekly Retail Roundup: 10 Stories You Need to See – March 5, 2023
With hundreds of news and press releases published every day, it can be difficult to keep up with everything. To help readers, we are covering e-commerce and retail industries most trending and relevant topics, including the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
- Nordstrom is shutting down all Canadian retail stores Luxury retailer has announced it will be shutting down all Canadian Nordstrom’s and laying off 2,330 employees. Nordstrom Inc. says it is winding down its Canadian operations and closing all 13 of its stores in the country.
- Target To Roll Out Drive Up Service for Seamless Returns The global online clothing rental market is expected to grow over the next decade, according to a new report by Grand View Research. The trend is being driven by the increasing demand for high-end designer clothing, along with changing consumer preferences.
- Retail: Recorded Episode 20 | Have you heard of RETAILBOSS®? Anjee Solanki speaks with Jeanel Alvarado, Founder and Editor of RETAILBOSS®, a recognized media publication that covers retail news across North America and Europe. Jeanel and Anjee discuss the value of educating oneself about the varied disciplines within retail and the importance of taking a holistic, collaborative approach to retail and real estate. The retail experts also take a closer look at the future of luxury retail, the adoption of smaller-format stores and what trends to expect from retail and beyond in the coming months.
- 5 Red Flags About Shopping on Temu, According to Retail Experts Is Temu the next big thing in e-commerce? Or is this just the latest fad? To help you decide, here are some red flags to watch out for when shopping on the site, according to retail experts.
- Is Hermès Birkin Bag A Worthwhile Investment? Expert opinion One of the most coveted and sought-after luxury items in the world is the Hermes Birkin bag. The handbag, which bears Jane Birkin’s name, was first offered in 1984 and has since become very popular.
- Zara to Open New Store Location in NYC’s Queens Center Zara, the world’s largest fashion retailer, is set to open a new store location in NYC’s Queens Center. The move is part of the company’s ongoing expansion across the US market.
- How To Create Retail Ready Beauty Products: A Step by Step Guide For beauty brands to get their items into huge box stores like Sephora, Ulta, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, and so on, they need to keep a particular arrangement of rules. These rules guarantee that the items are alright for use, meet the administrative necessities of the nation, and are ready for large scale manufacturing.
- BALMAIN BEAUTY appoints Hans Dorsinville as Senior Vice President, Global Creative Hans Dorsinville has been named SVP, Global Creative Director of BALMAIN BEAUTY by BALMAIN. Beginning in January 2023, he will work under Olivier Rousteing, BALMAIN’s Creative Director, and report to him directly.
- 5 Big-Box Stores That Sell the Best Quality Skincare Products You might think you have to spend hundreds of dollars on eye creams, moisturizers, and serums, but the truth is that some of the best quality skincare products are affordable and can be found at your favorite big-box store.
- Mango Is Coming To Canada And Has Plans To Open 8 Stores In 2023 Mango, a leading European fashion group, has launched its first Canadian flagship store at Yorkdale Shopping Centre and plans to open seven additional stores before July. The company’s first location in the country is located in a prominent corner location facing Hudson’s Bay and Harry Rosen with all the newest woman’s collections.
RETAILBOSS provides well-curated, research-driven news and insights into the trends and business aspects of the rapidly evolving retail industry.