Weekly Retail Roundup: 10 Stories You Need to See – February 10, 2023
With hundreds of news and press releases published every day, it can be difficult to keep up with everything. To help readers, we are covering e-commerce and retail industries most trending and relevant topics, including the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
- ‘INEFFECTIVE’ Major retailers suffered a 26% increase in ‘organized’ stealing but anti-theft measures ‘gone too far,’ says expert ATTEMPTS to stop the increase of store thefts in the post-pandemic era are ruining the shopping experience for millions of Americans, a retail expert has told The U.S.
- Panera Bread Launches The BAGuette During New York Fashion Week Panera has launched a limited edition new item designed for both the fashion aficionado.
- Controversial anti-theft policies from Target’s ‘racism’ to Walgreen’s security RETAILERS continue to take controversial precautions as the battle to beat thieves at America’s biggest stores shows no sign of ending, an expert has told The U.S. Sun.
- Lululemon Launches Supplier Inclusion and Diversity Program Lululemon announces 2023 new company initiatives with the launch of its IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action) Supplier Inclusion and Diversity Program.
- Meet Jeanel Alvarado | Shopping & Retail Expert We had the good fortune of connecting with Jeanel Alvarado and we’ve shared our conversation below.
- 12 Ways Brick & Mortar Stores Have Increased Local Traffic Using Social Media From tagging store locations to jumping on the TikTok bandwagon, here are 12 answers to the question.
- BioRepublic And Target Ink Retail Partnership Korean skincare brand, BioRepublic has signed an exclusive retail partnership into Target, signifying a major milestone in BioRepublic’s expansion across America.
- Target-Owned Shipt Launches Retail Accelerator Program LadderUp follows through on one of those commitments by helping to expand access to food in underserved communities, particularly for those with mobility or transportation barriers.
- Loops Beauty Expands Retail Partnership into Target Nationwide Stores Beauty brand, Loops has partnered with Target to expand their retail footprint that already includes Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom
- Find Amazon’s Biggest Deals of the Day With a Super Simple Hack That’s why the next time you’re shopping, you’ll want to use this super simple hack that reveals Amazon’s biggest deals of the day.
I have 15 years of experience in the retail industry including expertise in marketing, operations, merchandising, buying, shopping and technology. I am a speaker, consultant and former senior managing director of The School of Retailing, University of Alberta. My education includes a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from The University of Alberta in Marketing, Certificate in Real Estate and a Diploma in Fashion Merchandising and Buying from LasSalle College, a Canadian private school founded in 1959 by fashion designer Jean-Paul Morin.