Nordstrom is a leading fashion retailer offering compelling clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and kids. The former small Seattle shoe shop to now leading fashion retailer sold on the NYSE stock exchange has more than 350 Nordstrom, Nordstrom Local and Nordstrom Rack store locations.
The retailer has been onboarding brands in the last few weeks to help bring the latest women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel and beauty brands to the forefront. With the Direct Drop Ship Program facilitated by Nordstrom, brands can apply for the program ONLY BY INVITATION to be have the opportunity to be sold online on the Nordstrom website to sell to the Nordstrom customers.
What is Drop Shipping?
Drop shipping products are when the supplier is responsible for sending items ordered through the website directly to customers, in this case brands you would list your products on the Nordstrom website and when a customer places an order through Nordstrom, you would be responsible for sending your product to the customer, either directly or through a third-party fulfillment service. With the drop ship method, you don’t have to worry about delivering product to Nordstrom store locations to manage orders, you will be simply sending items directly to the customers to make a purchase. Many suppliers who are currently in the program say “becoming a Nordstrom drop ship partner has had a positive impact on their overall sales revenue.”
What are the Supplier benefits?
As listed on Nordstrom’s Drop Ship Program a few of the supplier benefits for brands to enrol in the program include:
- Offering wider breadth and depth increases brand visibility, awareness and sales revenue.
- Drop ship drives incremental sales growth by providing an avenue to improve turn and drive additional sales in warehouse items.
- Drop ship provides an additional avenue for clearing end-of-season goods.
- Adding drop ship doesn’t mean Nordstrom will cut total receipts. We usually buy more over the course of a year from our drop ship suppliers.
- Startup investment is minimal relative to the vast amount of sales opportunities.
- Nordstrom pays all shipping fees, so the supplier only has to pick and pack.
- There are no late order or cancellation chargebacks. We want to work with you to increase performance, not penalize.
What are the Customer benefits?
As listed on Nordstrom’s Drop Ship Program a few of the customer benefits for brands to enrol in the program include:
- Expanded assortment of brands and styles.
- Wider selection of color options and sizes not offered in our stores.
- Earlier access to new styles throughout the season as trends change.
No Invitation, Get Ready!
If you are a brand who is interested in getting a Nordstrom Buyer interested in your brand and sending you an invitation to apply, be sure that your brand is already ready to start drop shipping products and that your shipping times/delivery/packaging/bar codes/customer care etc. are in-compliance with Nordstrom Supplier Standards, you can review the Nordstrom, Drop Ship Supplier Partner Operations Manual