In a stride towards integrating artificial intelligence into everyday business operations, Square has launched 10 new generative AI features. These tools, designed to automate operations and accelerate workflows, are directly integrated into Square’s robust business software, providing an invaluable aid to sellers grappling with the multifaceted demands of running a business.
Earlier this year, Square identified generative AI as a key business priority, aiming to equip sellers with AI-powered tools that promise substantial time and cost savings. The launch of these new features marks a significant step towards achieving this goal, offering tangible products to sellers and delivering value across the Square ecosystem, irrespective of the product or combination of products a seller uses.
Key new generative AI-powered features include:
- Menu Generator: Restaurants can now create a full menu on Square in just a few minutes with just a few clicks, giving them – or any business looking to expand into food and drink offerings – valuable momentum and time-savings when launching operations on Square.
- Photo Environments: E-commerce sellers can now add hyperreal AI-generated backgrounds and choose from more than 50 style prompts with the latest version of the Photo Studio app. This feature helps sellers enhance their websites and attract more customers. Since its beta release on July 1, sellers have created and saved over 14,000 AI Environment images.
Square’s new tools also assist sellers with content creation, providing AI-generated content for their public sites, item descriptions, and marketing content. For instance, Square Marketing now offers integrated AI to generate personalized email copy, making email marketing easier by eliminating the guesswork and time commitment associated with subject lines and content optimization.
“As a one-woman small business, any tools that can save me time or money are tremendously helpful,” said Carissa Smith, owner of small batch candle store Fuddy Duddy Co. in Merriam, Kansas. “Square’s Photo Studio app has helped me on both fronts as I’ve transitioned to selling online. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on props and backdrops, and hours of time staging my inventory, I was able to use the app’s new AI environments to quickly bring my catalog to life with backgrounds that fit the themes of my various products.”
More new Square tools help sellers with content creation, providing them AI-generated content for their public sites, item descriptions, and marketing content:
- Personalized email copy: To make email marketing easier, Square Marketing now offers integrated AI to generate personalized email copy, taking the guesswork – and time commitment – out of subject lines and content optimization.
- Team announcements: To inform staff more efficiently, employers using Square Team Communication can now quickly generate and send out team announcements to let employees know about new products, upcoming promotions, and more using AI-generated copy, with a choice of topic, length, and tone.
- Website copy generator: To lend a hand with short- or long-form website copy, Square Online’s AI-assisted copy generator helps sellers save time, level up their websites, and boost SEO – from set-up to refresh, and headlines to blog posts.
- Suggested replies: To enhance direct messaging with buyers, sellers using Square Messages now have even more sophisticated AI responses, with the ability to personalize messages to buyers with suggested replies that prepopulate names to enrich correspondences.
These new features give sellers powerful tools to increase productivity and optimize their workflows, allowing them to focus on making more sales. As Saumil Mehta, Head of Point of Sale and Omnichannel at Square, puts it, “Square is uniquely positioned to be the technology partner that enables the most seamless, intuitive applications of AI.”
Today’s newly launched features join longstanding AI-powered solutions including Square Messages, which now sees about 450,000 messages per month generated with AI. All features announced today are currently available to sellers, with some accessed through Square’s beta program. To learn more about Square’s generative AI integrations, visit squareup.com/ai-for-businesses, and for more information about Square’s full technology ecosystem, visit squareup.com.