CVS Pharmacy is piloting a new Skin Care Center format, launching in three CVS locations, featuring a wholly owned “shop-in-shop” beauty experience to bring enhanced access to skin health innovations. The Skin Care Center at CVS Pharmacy will introduce new prestige brands to mass beauty retail; connects consumers to innovative, personalized skin health solutions with advanced diagnostic tools, experiential education and more
“With the success of our BeautyIRL store formats, we’re making a move to provide new health-focused, innovative offerings with our Skin Care Center, an elevated in-store experience designed to help customers navigate personal skin health solutions,” said Andrea Harrison, VP of Merchandising, Beauty & Personal Care at CVS Health. “We have a proven ability to influence the industry and we’ll continue to expand that impact through customized experiences and purpose-led commitments that inspire trust, discovery, self-expression and confidence in our customers.”
Building on the success of CVS Pharmacy’s BeautyIRL experiential store format, Skin Care Center was developed to help consumers address individual skin needs with tools, education and products previously found only in prestige beauty retail — alongside clinically proven mass skincare brands. Highlights of the new format include:
- Efficacious prestige brands like Wander Beauty, Blume, and Volition Beauty — all new to CVS.
- Dermatologist tested and recommended mass market brands like Cerave, La Roche-Posay and Vichy.
- On-site skin diagnostic tools to help consumers assess their specific needs — and identify customized skin solutions — by leveraging advanced LED technology from SkinScope and ModiFace’s Derm Skin analyzer.
- Guidance from CVS Beauty Consultants — including licensed estheticians — all trained in diagnostics by L’Oreal experts.
- Innovative navigational elements, including signage “stories” that highlight
- store testing experiences and custom sample offerings
- In-fixture purchasing via mobile POS
“We’re delighted to have been selected as one of the few brands pioneering CVS’ new Skin Care Center retail concept,” said Patricia Santos, Founder at Volition Beauty. “If there is one thing that we’ve learned about retail from the COVID pandemic, it’s that consumers want to shop prestige beauty in convenient retail locations where they already shop. The CVS Skin Care Center offers Volition Beauty adjacencies with dermatologist tested and recommended brands that serve to reinforce the clinical performance of our formulas.”
As part of its ongoing mission to deliver personalized and customized health and wellness solutions to its customers, CVS Pharmacy has also launched a pilot program with personalized digital brand experience technology company, Revieve, to offer skin diagnostic and make-up virtual try-on experiences. This pilot will launch in all 600 CVS Beauty Service Stores, which feature a fleet of highly-trained Beauty Sales Consultants