United Airlines has always been at the forefront of providing exceptional customer experiences, and their latest upgrade to the United Polaris international business class is no exception. A recent survey has shed light on the priorities of international travelers, revealing that a significant majority, 83%, consider sleep to be a crucial part of their flight experience. This importance placed on rest is so high that 61% of these travelers make their flight bookings with sleep as a primary consideration.
The survey further delves into the value placed on sleep compared to other inflight experiences. It was found that for 66% of international travelers, having a good sleep during the flight outweighs the need for Wi-Fi access. Similarly, 74% of respondents prioritized sleep over the opportunity to binge-watch their favourite shows during the flight. Even the beverage service, often a highlight of the inflight experience, was deemed less critical than sleep by 61% of the surveyed travellers.
As of October 3rd, 2023, passengers can now enjoy the signature United Polaris lie-flat seats under refreshed Saks Fifth Avenue bedding that features a modern design and select items made with recycled plastic. The United Polaris experience is designed to provide the utmost comfort for passengers. One of the standout features is the provision of two pillows per person, making it the only U.S. business-class cabin to offer this luxury. But the comfort doesn’t stop there. United Polaris also offers an extra cool gel pillow, ensuring passengers sleep best during their flight.
The United Polaris experience will also now include the limited-edition day blanket. This isn’t just any blanket; it’s a work of art. The blanket features a pattern by fashion designer Claude Kameni, who hails from Cameroon and is self-taught. Kameni won a competition to design the new United Airlines x Saks Fifth Avenue day blanket as part of Saks’ designer accelerator program, The New Wave.
The blanket’s design reflects Kameni’s sharp eye for patterns and colors, Saks’ fashion-forward point of view, and the modern United brand experience. Made from 100% recycled plastic, the day blanket offers additional warmth and comfort and aligns with United’s commitment to reducing its environmental impact.
This limited-edition blanket will be available through early 2024, offering passengers a unique and luxurious experience for the next few months. So, whether you’re a frequent flyer or planning a one-off trip, make sure to book your ticket on United Polaris to enjoy these exclusive amenities.
But perhaps the most exciting addition to the United Polaris experience is the new Therabody offerings include an onboard amenity kit that features an eye serum, face spray, hand cream and cleansing towelette exclusive to United customers, as well as access to the award-winning Therabody devices like the Lounger, Theragun and RecoveryAir JetBoots in United Polaris lounges and inflight wellness videos on the airline’s Inflight Entertainment screens. For an added touch of luxury, SmartGoggles will be available to help customers achieve a deeper state of relaxation. Furthermore, United Polaris lounge restrooms and showers will be stocked with TheraFace skin and body care products, offering an elevated self-care experience for travellers.
Onboard, customers can experience a new amenity kit that features exclusive TheraFace skincare products that are designed to help passengers feel refreshed upon landing, including:
- TheraFace eye serum: United is the only U.S. airline that offers an eye serum in its amenity kit. Crafted with ingredients like niacinamide, caffeine, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5 and allantoin, the serum helps reduce puffiness, enhance hydration, soothe the delicate eye area and improve the skin’s barrier function.
- TheraFace face spray: Formulated to help soothe, hydrate and protect the skin, this spray features hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5, calendula flower extract, aloe leaf juice and glycerin.
- TheraFace cleansing towelette: Wipe-off the travel day without drying the skin thanks to ingredients like Vitamin B5 and E, calendula flower extract, aloe leaf juice and glycerin.
- TheraFace hand cream: Avoid dreaded dry hands thanks to ingredients like niacinamide, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, sweet almond oil and Vitamin B5. Both the hand cream and face spray are available in the onboard lavatories as well.
- The must-haves: The kit also includes go-to amenities for arriving refreshed, including a bamboo toothbrush, toothpaste, eye mask, ear plugs, socks and a pen.
Therabody’s Reset Suites are set to make their debut at all United Polaris lounges this fall, with the first ones opening in New York/Newark and San Francisco towards the end of October. Other locations such as Chicago O’Hare, Houston Intercontinental, Los Angeles, and Washington Dulles will be introduced. Each lounge is expected to feature at least one semi-private room, equipped with Therabody’s wellness technology.
Among the amenities offered are the Therabody Lounger, a unique device that combines sound and vibration therapy to provide full-body relaxation. Lounge valets will also offer additional wellness tools like the Theragun and RecoveryAir JetBoots. These devices enhance circulation, promote lymphatic drainage, aid muscle recovery, and reduce swelling and stiffness.